There are many points to consider when selling a property. We are here to help make the process as easy and stress free as possible. Whether this is your first purchase or one of many, we have provided a guide to help all sellers.
- Prepare your property to be sold.
- Make sure your home is presented in its best possible light, mow the lawn, rake the leaves and tidy up those unsightly marks on the walls! There are many little touches -a seller can resolve quickly and easily, we can’t list them all but it’s those knaggy little jobs you keep putting off until next Sunday!!
- Establish the value of your property.
- Look at similar properties for sale on your preferred property portal, compare the plus and minus points and that should give you some idea of the value, be sure to be realistic and remember, the price the property is on the market for isn’t always what someone would be prepared to pay.
- Decide on an estate agency.
- There are many points to consider here, how is your agent going to market your property and where? Will they present the property in the best possible way? How large is there current stock? Big is not always best, you don’t want your property to be lost against many others on an agents list. One of the key questions to ask and to be firm on these days is whether your agent will do the viewings, many agents say they will but are “to busy” or the viewing is “out of hours” and put the pressure on you to do it yourself. Our view is that this is what you employ and agent for, we are the professionals and therefore we will do the viewings. Another important point is to find an agent that works with you, this means regular, detailed and frank updates, allowing you to understand how your property is being received and give you the opportunity to fine tune your marketing strategy.
- Ensure you have quality moving services available to you.
- Finding good legal assistance is all important when putting a sale together, make sure you have done your homework and found a good firm with a competitive price.
- Mortgage services, have you looked in the financial side of moving? Mortgage advisors can give you a good insight into the mortgage loans available to you, this can make a huge difference on what you can afford.
- Surveys, when purchasing a property it is highly recommended that you look into the structural condition of the property you are looking to purchase. All mortgage companies will have a minimum survey they require and you pay for, usually a valuation survey, but as the name suggests they are just establishing the value of the property you are seeking to purchase. If you have any worries about the condition or structural soundness of the property, look at a more comprehensive survey, it will cost more but could save you £1000’s in the long run.
Our Services include but are not limited to:
- Free Market Appraisal
- Tailor Made Marketing Campaign
- Accompanied Viewings
- Weekly Updates / Progress Reports
- Offer Negotiation
- Sales Progression
If you would like a free no obligation market appraisal, with an agent you can trust then get in touch with us and we would be more than happy to help.